Lightweight Ritchey-Chrétien 300 mm Full Carbon
E.U Price: 9,499 € + Local VAT
US Price: 10,599 $ + Local Taxes (DDU Phoenix)
- RC 300 FC
- Mount dovetail according to your needs
- 3 fans primary mirror cell ventilation
300 mm Hi End Ritchey-Chrétien truss telescope.
The truss frame is entirely built with mono directional high module carbon fiber tubes. The connection rings are fabricated with 6 mm high module carbon fiber plates cut with water-jet.
The primary mirror cell is a true technological jewel: 100% structural carbon fiber construction, 9 points computer optimized mechanical cushion, and zero thermal expansion. The cell's maximum deformations under the highest mechanical stress configuration (tube pointing at the zenith) are less than 0.03 mm.
With the secondary mirror assembly we created a mechanism of unmatched reliability, stability and lightness. The fully tiltable cell is fixed to a sturdy carbon fiber mechanism.
The dovetails are engineered with a Knaeble proprietary hybrid Aluminium-Carbon fiber construction (optional Titanium/Carbon). This type of design minimizes torsion deformation and structural misalignment under every pointing orientation. In comparison with traditional CNC aluminium dovetails, the deformations are reduced by a factor 40.
The back plane on all standard models is made of a solid, high module carbon fiber plate. It can host up to a 3,5" Feathertouch focuser with ca. 10 kg of equipment attached.The optional Titanium/Carbon design ensures an even higher strength.
- Optics f/8 Ritchey-Chrétien
- Optical quality: Strehl ratio >95%
- Opening 316 mm
- Focal length 2.400 mm
- Borosilicate optical set.
- M1 300 mm f/3,4; diameter M2 ca 115 mm.
- Diameter Non Vignetted-field: 55 mm
- Primary focal plane distance: 300 mm
- Total mass (including dovetails): ca. 17 kg.
- Overall length: ca. 700 mm
- Entirely designed and constructed in virtual environment with Catia V5.
- All CNC parts programmed in CAM directly in Catia V5.
- FEM mechanical, modal and thermal simulations are performed with Ansys Workbench on every component as well as on the complete assembly with linear and nonlinear methods.
- Knaeble Engineering Proprietary 9 points computer optimized Full-Carbon-Fiber primary mirror cell.
- 5 mm thick solid carbon fiber CNC backplane
- Knaeble Engineering Proprietary Zero expansion Full-Carbon-Fiber truss construction.
- Ultra-thin carbon fiber light baffles on M1 and M2.
- Proprietary highly accurate M1 and M2 tilting mechanisms.
- Tiltable focuser mounting ring ready to accept the 3.5"Starlightinstruments focuser (smaller diameters are
available on request).
- Active cooling.
- Completely made in (Berlin) Germany from German made components.