Leightweight Ritchey-Chrétien 400 mm Full Carbon
E.U. Price 16,999 € + Local VAT
US Price 18,599 $ + Taxes (DDU Phoenix)
15% Discount until July 31st 2016 (only direct orders)!!
- RC 400 FC
- Mount dovetail according to your needs
- 6 fans primary mirror cell ventilation
400 mm ultra Hi End Ritchey-Chrétien truss telescope.
The truss frame is entirely built with mono directional high module carbon fiber tubes. The connection rings are fabricated with 6 mm high module carbon fiber plates.
The primary mirror cell is a true technological jewel: 100% structural carbon fiber construction, 18 points computer optimized mechanical cushion, and zero thermal expansion. It is fully tiltable through 3 bolts placed on the telescope's back plane. The cell's maximum deformations under the highest mechanical stress configuration (tube pointing at the zenith) are less than 0.03 mm.
With the secondary mirror assembly we created a mechanism of unmatched reliability, stability and lightness. The fully tiltable cell is fixed to a very sturdy carbon fiber mechanism.
The aluminium dovetail is always machined according to match the specific mount on which the instrument will be installed.
The back plane on all standard models is made of a solid 8 mm thick, high module carbon fiber plate. It hosts a tiltable ring ready to accept the crayford focuser of your choice.
We suggest an optional adapter that can be receive the 2,5" Feathertouch focuser.
- Opening 400 mm
- Focal length 3,200 mm
- Optical quality: Strehl ratio >95%
- Ritchey-Chrétien f/8 Pyrex optical set
- M1 400 mm f/3.5; diameter M2 172 mm.
- Diameter Non Vignetted-field: 40 mm
- Focal extraction behind backlpane: 250 mm
- Total mass (including dovetails): ca. 40 kg.
- Overall length: ca. 1300 mm
- Entirely designed and constructed in virtual environment with Catia V5.
- All CNC parts programmed in CAM directly in Catia V5.
- FEM mechanical, modal and thermal simulations are performed with Ansys Workbench on every component as well as on the complete assembly with linear and nonlinear methods.
- Knaeble Engineering Proprietary 18 floating points computer optimized Full-Carbon-Fiber primary mirror cell.
- 8 mm thick solid carbon fiber CNC backplane.
- Knaeble Engineering Proprietary Zero expansion Full-Carbon-Fiber truss construction.
- Ultra-thin carbon fiber light baffles on M1 and M2.
- Proprietary highly accurate M1 and M2 tilting mechanisms.
- Fully customizeable dovetail plates.
- Active cooling.
- Completely made in (Berlin) Germany from German made components.