RCM 460 FC/Ti: Ritchey-Chrétien 460 mm Full Carbon/Titanium
E.U. Price 28,500 € + Local VAT (add 8.500 € for the Titanium/Carbon backplane and Titanium truss joints)
US Price 36,000 $ + Taxes (EXW Ivrea - add 12.000 $ for the Titanium/Carbon backplane and Titanium truss joints)
460 mm ultra Hi End Ritchey-Chrétien truss telescope.
The truss frame is entirely built with mono directional high module carbon fiber tubes. The connection rings are fabricated with 6 mm high module carbon fiber plates The truss joints can optionally crafted in grade 5 CNC titanium.
The primary mirror cell is a true technological jewel: 100% structural carbon fiber construction, 18 points computer optimized mechanical cushion, and zero thermal expansion. It is fully tiltable through 3 titanium bolts placed on the telescope's back plane. The cell's maximum deformations under the highest mechanical stress configuration (tube pointing at the zenith) are less than 0.03 mm. This value still improves with the optional Carbon/Titanium back plane.
With the secondary mirror assembly we created a mechanism of unmatched reliability, stability and lightness. The fully tiltable cell is fixed on a 20 mm rectified titanium bar, firmly held in position by a high precision axial linear ball bearing.
The focusing system is relays on a very smooth non-backlash linear actuator positioned on top of the secondary mirror cell. The linear resolution of 0,65 µ guarantees an optimal focusing accuracy. The system is controlled by the Knaeble Telescope Control Box via ASCOM software.
The included dovetail is engineered with a proprietary hybrid Aluminium-Carbon fiber construction (optional Titanium/Carbon). This type of design minimizes torsion deformation and structural misalignment under every pointing orientation. In comparison with traditional CNC aluminium dovetails, the deformations are reduced by a factor 40.
The dovetail is always machined according to match the specific mount on which the instrument will be installed.
The back plane on all standard models is made of a solid 12 mm thick, high module carbon fiber plate. It hosts a M100x1 tiltable ring ready to accept our extension rings for various camera adapters.
In case ov visual use, we suggest an optional adapter that can be receive the 2,5" Feathertouch focuser.
- Opening 460 mm
- Focal length 3,680 mm
- Ritchey-Chrétien f/8 Pyrex optical set made in Italy.
- Optical quality: Strehl ratio >90%
- M1 460 mm f/3.5; diameter M2 189 mm.
- Diameter Non Vignetted-field: 65 mm
- Focal extraction behind backlpane: 255 mm
- Total mass (including dovetails): ca. 60 kg.
- Overall length: ca. 1450 mm
- Entirely designed and constructed in virtual environment with Catia V5.
- All CNC parts programmed in CAM directly in Catia V5.
- FEM mechanical, modal and thermal simulations are performed with Ansys Workbench on every component as well as on the complete assembly with linear and nonlinear methods.
- Proprietary 18 floating points computer optimized Full-Carbon-Fiber primary mirror cell.
- 12 mm thick solid carbon fiber CNC backplane.
- Optional composite Carbon-fiber/Titanium backplane construction.
- Proprietary Zero expansion Full-Carbon-Fiber/Titanium truss construction.
- Ultra-thin carbon fiber light baffles on M1 and M2.
- Secondary mirror focuser.
- Proprietary highly accurate M1 and M2 tilting mechanisms.
- Proprietary "Hollow Technology" hybrid CNC Aluminum/Carbon-fiber fully customizeable dovetail plates.
- Active cooling.
- Completely made in Italy from Italian made components.
- Transport case included